A Complete Guide to What are containers? How to use them in Testing and can it really replace existing Test Workflows?...Read More
Performance Testing Tools help in determining the speed, reliability, scalability, and interoperability of the system under test. FrugalTesting is one such company that provides a tool for Performance and Load Testing of the Website, API or Web Application. This is a pure SaaS-based tool. YES, you heard me right. You need no installation, just paste the URL and you are all set to go and test your application.
In this blog post, we will be discussing Top 10 Performance Testing Tools and we will also discuss their features. Below is the hand-picked list of the Web Performance Testing tools. The list contains a mixture of open-source and commercial tools with their features and download links.
Note: There are so many tools available in the market for Performance Testing, but these are the ones that are more commonly used and preferred.
Let's begin discussing these tools along with a brief description of there features and download links.
1. Apache JMeter: JMeter is an open-source tool used for monitoring and analyzing the performance of many services. This tool is mainly used for web service applications.
Download Link: http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
2. LoadNinja: LoadNinja is a load testing tool by SmartBear that allows you to create scriptless and sophisticated load tests, thus reducing the testing time by 50%.
Download Link: https://loadninja.com/live-demo/
3. LoadRunner: LoadRunner is a premium, market-leading performance testing solution for project teams.
4. Silk Performer: Silk Performer is a load and stress testing tool that can test multiple application environments with thousands of concurrent users.
5. SmartMeter.io: SmartMeter.io is a good alternative for JMeter. According to SmartMeter.io Developers, what they claim “Get the features you wanted in JMeter and retain 100% JMeter Compatibility”.
Download Link: https://www.smartmeter.io/download
6. LoadView: LoadView by Dotcom-Monitor helps the DevOps teams to stress test their websites, web applications, and APIs with thousands of concurrent connections in real browsers from a fully managed cloud.
7. NeoLoad: NeoLoad is designed to automate API and Application Performance Testing. It integrates with continuous delivery pipelines to support test across the life cycles.
Download Link: https://www.neotys.com/download
8. LoadUI Pro: LoadUI Pro by SmartBear is a tool designed to load test REST & SOAP APIs, Databases and Microservices. Now it is possible to create, manage and execute load, endurance and stress tests right inside your CI/CD pipeline with just a few clicks.
Reuse functional tests for complex load tests: LoadUi Pro enables you to reuse SoapUI tests with just a click.
Performance testing for the entire team: Now this is one of the features that lead to the popularity of this tool. This tool does not require one to have a background in load testing. Anyone can design and execute tests.
Get actionable insights into your API performance: LoadUI Pro helps you to fix performance bottlenecks by providing key insights. The tool provides insights in an intuitive and actionable format.
Download Link: https://smartbear.com/product/ready-api/loadui/overview/
9. WebLoad: WebLoad is an enterprise-scale load testing tool capable of generating reliable, real-life load scenarios even for the most complex systems.
Smart actionable insights: This tool facilitates automatic bottleneck detection.
Smart load simulation: This tool facilitates easy test scenario creation.
Download Link: https://www.radview.com/
10. WAPT : WAPT is a perfect combination of efficiency and flexibility with ease of design and runs tests locally or in the cloud. What WAPT basically do is, record real-life web session from a browser or a mobile application and then represents each recorded session as a sequence of HTTP requests, which are easy to modify using a user interface.
Easy Tests creation: It is very convenient to create tests using a browser or a mobile application.
Remote, distributed and cloud-based testing: Design and run tests locally or in the cloud.
Server and Database Monitoring
Flexible error handling: WAPT helps you by providing a feature to adjust pass/ fail criteria and thus helping inflexible error handling.
Instant Test results: WAPT helps you in providing charts with immediate test results.
Download Link: https://www.loadtestingtool.com/download.shtml